Sunday, January 22, 2006

Cincinnati!

During this trip I stayed in a remote business district/suburb of Cincinnati, and didn't get a chance to explore the actual city. So I don't really have too much to say about Cincinnati.

Oh! One day there was a furnace fire in our hotel! No flames were actaully ever seen (and I would be lying if I said I wasn't just a teeny bit disappointed about that), but a grand total of 13 fire trucks showed up (I counted while standing in the parking lot, trying to keep my mind off the fact that it was FREEZING COLD and was in gym clothes, which were not exactly toasty-warm). BUT, I got to see a fire hydrant in use for the first time, which was pretty cool, and also got to watch about 30 firemen running around with pickaxes. I still don't completely understand why they were running around with pickaxes, but it was fun to watch nonetheless! I would have loved to take some pictures and post them, but I didn't have my camera with me at the time. Sorry!

The people we trained were really very nice and fun to work with, so although the trip wasn't uber exciting, it was at the very least pleasant.

And that's about all I have to say about Cincinnati!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home