Monday, November 07, 2005

The Curse of the Hair in Three Acts

ACT ONE:
(Megan and her husband Oswaldo enter their new apartment from Stage Left)

Megan: Well, here we are in our new apartment. Isn't it nice?
Oswaldo: Yes, our new apartment is very nice.
M: What is that thing on our balcony ledge?
O: I don't know. Maybe it's a rodent.
M: I don't think so. It's not moving. I'll go take a closer look.

(Megan exits to the balcony)

M: Eeeeek! It is a big pile of human hair! I MUST REMOVE THE HAIR!
O: NOOOOOOOO!
M: Huh?
O: NOOOOOOO! You can't remove the hair!
M: Why not?
O: Because it's a curse.
M: Whaaaat?
O: The pile of human hair means someone has cursed our apartment. We can't touch it, or the curse will be activated.
M: Oh.
O: This is bad.
M: I agree. I don't like the hair pile. I know! We could call your uncle Armando and ask him to remove the hair.
O: NOOOOOOOOO!
M: What?
O: Oh, Megan. A family member can't touch the hair, either!
M: Oh, I see. Can a friend remove the hair?
O: Yes, that would be OK.


ACT TWO:
(Megan on Stage Left in her new apartment; Annie on Stage Right in her new apartment)

The phone rings.

Annie: Hello?
Megan: Hey Roomie! What's up?
A: Roomie! Not much. What's up with you?
M: Oh, you know. The usual.
A: That's cool.
M: Yeah.
A: Kick ass.
M: There's a pile of human hair on my balcony. Will you come remove it? I can't touch it because it is a curse. Armando can't remove it either, because he is related to Oswaldo.
A: Oh...right. OK! I'll be there in 15 minutes.


ACT THREE
(Annie enters Megan's new apartment from Stage Left)

Annie: Hi Roomie! I really like your new apartment! Your fireplace is pretty.
Megan: Thanks! Do you want to see the hair?
Annie: OK!

(Megan and Annie exit to the balcony)

A: That is gross.
M: Yes. It really is.
A: I need about 20 paper towels.
M: OK.

(Annie removes the hair in one very undramatic sweep of the arm).

***THE END***

The Cursed Hair


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home