Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Cars and Weddings....both good things.

Today I am sick. (Which I currently pronounce as "thick", but it would look funny if I typed it that way). Unfortunately, this means I won't be able to go to work tomorrow. Fortunately, that means I get to stay home and do fun things like read books and watch cable tomorrow. So I see it as a wash.

Some of you may already know that I was in a car accident last week. Today I found pictures of my poor car (which is currently in the shop) on my insurance company's website.

I miss my car.

So, minus the missing headlights, and the spattering of tools sitting in the engine compartment that you may or may not be able to see, it doesn't look so bad, right? Maybe a few quick fixes....a week in the shop at most, you say? Well, you would be WRONG! Dead wrong. You are looking at a car that has accrued $7,000 worth of damages that will take 4 weeks to fix. And I was going about 7 mph when the accident happened. That works out to $1,000 per mile per hour, people! Thank goodness for car insurance. And for people named Miwa who let people named Annie borrow their car for a month. (Miwa, you are a goddess!)

In other news, I went to my friend Linsy's wedding this weekend. It was a lovely wedding, and it was great to see a bunch of old high school buddies again. Good times while eating, drinking and dancing were had by all. And lots of laughing. WITH people - not AT them - though. I swear.

Linsy and Erinn, her twin sister. As Erinn pointed out, Linsy looked stunning. :)

CONGRATULATIONS, LINSY & ANDY!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home