Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Pictures of my dog wearing clothes

My biggest pet peeve in the world is when people make their animals wear clothes. I do NOT think it's cute, nor do I think it's funny. I am being very serious right now. In fact, it makes me feel pretty angry on the inside when I see animals wearing clothes.

However, my ex-roommate (whom I still refer to as "Roomie".....is that weird? I hope not. Because I plan on calling Megan "Roomie" for the rest of my days, even though all indications point to the fact that we will never actually be roommates again)....where was I? Oh, OK. Anyway, early on "Roomie" and I agreed to disagree on this subject. She is one of those people who enjoy seeing animals wearing clothes, and I am one of those people who do not. So, even though I was adamant that Karma would NEVER, EVER WEAR CLOTHES from the day she entered our domestic partnership, I think Megan occassionally snuck dog clothing products into our apartment and dressed up my dog while I was gone. Whatever. I'm not bitter about it.

I have to be honest, though. There have been two occassions in which I voluntarily put clothes on my dog.
First case in point:

One time I made my dog wear green fishnets. I admit it.

The second time was today. I dropped by the old apartment to pick some stuff up and drop some things off, and found that Roomie had included a doggy Halloween hat in my bag of stuff that I was picking up. Given that I like Megan and wanted to show gratitude for her thoughtfulness, in addition to the fact that Megan has expressed that she actually misses my neurotic dog, I thought I'd buck it up and put the dang hat on Karma's head.

Happy Halloween, I guess.

So, anyways. I still get angry when I see animals in clothes. It does not make any sense to me whatsoever. However...I kind of have to admit...my dog does look pretty cute in these pictures, doesn't she?

Does that make me a hypocrite? I hope not...

P.S. I must add that Karma chewed up her Halloween hat promptly after the picture was taken. That's my girl!

Karma says: "Dogs aren't supposed to wear clothes!"

1 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Blogger Annie said...

Well, OBVIOUSLY I was planning on dressing up as Peter Pan for Halloween last year. (Which didn't work out - I couldn't find a tunic in the proper shade of green). And what Peter Pan costune would be complete without green fishnets? Geez.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home