Sunday, January 08, 2006

Boston!

Oh, geez. My post about Boston is long overdue. It's been two months since I was there, and I fear my recollections regarding the trip have become blurry. However, I do recall liking Boston very much. Very, very much indeed. I also recall two lovely visits with my friends Rich and Stephanie. Thanks again for keeping the Sunday brunch tradition alive, you guys!

Since it's been such a long time since I was there, I will just post some Boston photos for all you all to enjoy.

Here we go!

This is the Old North Church from which the two lanterns were hung, prompting Paul Revere's famous ride through the city. You know the drill: "One if by land, two if by sea", and "The Redcoats are coming! The Redcoats are coming!"

This is the Old State House, from which the Declaration of Independence was read in 1776. I love historic buildings. I love that this one is located smack dab in the middle of a modern dowtown metropolis, too. So cool.

This is a stupid picture I took in Beacon Hill. Beacon Hill is such a nice neighborhood! It's pretty, and has a good feeling to it. I would love to live there someday. However, I think you have to be filthy rich to take up residence in Beacon Hill. I'm not sure that I'll ever be filthy rich, so I settled on taking pictures of the neighborhood to keep the memory of its loveliness fresh in my mind. So I took this stupid picture and immediately two things happened. 1: I thought to myself "Well, that is a pointless picture of Beacon Hill! Why did I take that picture?" And 2: My camera battery died. Then I threw a mini-tantrum because I couldn't take any more pictures of Beacon Hill.

I really enjoy going to old graveyards and taking pictures of them. Does that make me a morbid person?

Boston girls seemed to have a penchant for wearing mini skirts and Ug-type boots. I have two concerns about this. Concern #1: It is COLD in Boston in November! REALLY cold! And it is common knowledge that being cold = goosebumps. And having goosebumps = accelerated leg hair growth. So by the end of the night, these girls were probably very cold and had stubbly leg hair. Concern #2: Ugs are funny looking, and are basically a bad fashion choice. But then again, this is coming from someone who was dead-set against capri pants when they were in the height of fashion. And then two years later I decided capri pants were THE COOLEST THING EVER. So maybe that means that I'll start wearing mini skirts and Ugg boots in 2007. I hope not, though.

This concludes my Boston post. Hopefully I will be sent to Boston again sometime soon, so I can write a better and more timely blog entry.

1 Comments:

At 4:57 AM, Blogger smithamcd said...

Hey, anything that shows off the legs is good in my book...Nice photos, particularly the one of the graves. You have a good eye.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home